Kazakh Visa General Requirements
In general, all foreigners are required to have visas to enter Kazakhstan. To obtain a Kazakh VISA foreign citizen should apply to a Kazakhstan diplomatic/consular institution. You can find a list of them on the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs following the link
According to the New Visa Rules there are 13 visa categories in Kazakhstan:
- Diplomatic (ДВ);
- Service (Official) (?В);
- Investor (ИНВ);
- Business (ІСВ);
- Private visit (ЖСВ) – (to visit relatives or friends in Kazakhstan);
- Tourist (ТСВ);
- Missionary (МИВ);
- Study (ОУВ);
- Medical Treatment (ЕАВ);
- Work (ЖЕВ);
- Permanent Resident (ТТВ);
- Exit (ШЖВ);
- Transit (ТВ).
Documents required for the Kazakhstan visa:
- Copy of the first two pages of a valid passport (or international travel document),
- Copy of Kazakhstan visa support (invitation letter) with a notification of their visa support number by the DCS of the MFA (or the original individual invitation issued by the Police),
- The completed visa application form (pdf) and
- 1 passport-size photo;
- Fee, payable on collection of visa
The passport should not expire earlier than six months after the validity term of the requested visa. Other necessary documents will be determined by the consul at the time of application.
Visas are issued within 7 calendar days from the day that the documents were given to the consulate. Documents are accepted with a visa support letter from the Diplomatic-consular service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In order to get a single entry official, private, tourist or business visa to Kazakhstan at the Embassies of Kazakhstan, nationals of the following countries do not need a letter of invitation (Kazakhstan visa support): Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Germany, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Singapore, the USA, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, France, the Republic of Korea.
Citizens of the following countries do not need entry Kazakhstan visa to visit Kazakhstan: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Byelorussia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
Where to apply for Kazakhstan Visa?
- You can apply for the Kazakhstan visa outside of Kazakhstan where a Kazakhstan Embassy or Consulate exists
- Nationalities that do not need the letter of invitation can also obtain a tourist visa on arrival at consular posts of the MFA at Astana, Almaty, Atyrau, Uralsk and Ust-Kamenogorsk airports with special applications of travel agencies to the DCS of the MFA.
Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan and Ukraine do not need visas to enter Kazakhstan.
Citiziens of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, and USA (Jul 2009) can obtain single-entry (up to 30 days) or double-entry (up to 60 days) tourist visas without providing a letter of invitation.
For more information you should contact a Kazakhstan diplomatic mission in your area or Kazakhstan MFA’s website Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan.
At a border checkpoint any foreigner above the age of 16 receives a migration card, which must be returned while exiting Kazakhstan.
You must register your visa within five days of entering Kazakhstan if your border entry card has only one stamp. If you stay in Kazakhstan less than five days then you may not need to register but this needs to be confirmed.
If you have 2 stamps, so you have 30 days to be registered.